Monday 21 December 2009

Top Dog

This is my newest poem: Top Dog. You will have to read it to comment your opinion but I personally, prefer my other poem: Wolf Howl. Please tell me what you think - I would love to know.

Three bullets -

It’s up to me,
The trained and the loyal;
I charge for the prize;
Lumpy scarlet feathers lie still.
They stay hot on my tail,
I will break free.


Master relies on me
To claim the now flightless bird,

A dead pheasant,
Faith fading,
I’m slowing down.
Brown fur nears my side,
Another catching up!
Fangs glare at me,
My eyes fix on the prize.

The ground darts beneath me,
The pursuers keep near;
But never too close
Because
My fangs are large,
Sharp
And as white as the snow
Dwelling
In the clouds above me.

I hear a warning,
The only warning my kind can give,

A growl.
Sharp and quick,
A pounce on my left
Leaving no time,
Muscles tense in my legs,
And I leap for the prize ahead.
True gundog spirit–
My attacker falls
And I return
With the prize
As top dog.


Ok, so that was 'Top Dog'. As I said, I didn't like it as much as my other poems ('Midnight Hatred' and 'Wolf Howl') but I wrote it so I should be proud of it. :) Ha Ha Ha. Anyway, comment me if you have any questions etc.

1 comment: