Monday 21 December 2009

Wolf Howl

This is my newest poem: Wolf Howl. I hope you see some sort of meaning, I try to structure my poems so that there is something to read into... Comment me about 'Wolf Howl'.

Darkness brings the fog
And the shadows,
A black silhouette haunts the hills;
The outline is petrifying,
Singing the music of a ghost,
Echoing into the black.
The lonely howl,
Of a lonely soul,
Living a life with more than one
Of it's kind -
Running free.


Darkness conceals the true identity
Of the vocal beast,
Precious gold eyes staring out
Of the shadows;
Under the stars.
Feared by most,
Stormy fur,
Pearly fangs
And the voice of night.


Despite the fear
And the hatred shown,
True beauty
Inside and out
Standing on the hill,
The gold still pierces the shadows;
Fangs catch the dim moonlight,
Other gather to hear
A deep breath -
Wolf howl.

So what did you feel whilst reading that? I loved writing this so much, but it was difficult!
So hear's the thing - I don't just write these for no reason. I tried to make this dark and gothic/emo styled for one of my best - friends ever: Ashleigh Lennox.
I hope she likes this and reads it through. Comment me about this... or any ideas, phrases or emotional words that might help me with future poems. Also, if you have any requests for particular subjects and topics for a poem ~ Comment me with it, leave your blog address OR your email and I will get back to you as quickly as I can. (Free of charge!)

No comments:

Post a Comment