Wednesday 3 February 2010

Ashleigh Lennox's Poem: Truth

If I told you I was scared
Would you hold my hand?
If I told you I was alone
Would you comfort me?
As the darkness looms in
I feel as though I’m about to be
Swallowed by the fear


It frightens me to see
Nothing at all
The darkness hides so many secrets
So many screams
So much pain
Yet it also hides truth
The truth of life
We live
We die
We fear
We love
We cry
We smile
Do we ever see things the way they are?


As I’m swallowed by the darkness
The truth dawns on me
Though our existence is short
Fear means nothing in the world
And my existence is just a small drop of water
 In the ocean of life


    Fear is fading


         And truth is dawning...

This poem was written by my good friend, Ashleigh Lennox, who is an excellent writer and is probably - as you read this - desperately trying to find a publisher for her books. She is relentless in trying to find someone interested in her books, so if you know anyone please comment so I can pass it on to her. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment