Tuesday 2 February 2010

Trapped In Words

My heart was fading away,
I was overpowered by a spell,

My love of writing poetry
Was gone and I couldn't tell.

Lying in bed so restless-
Unwilling to end my sight,
Unwilling to give up poetry,
I was fighting off the night.

I started with a pad and pencil,
This was foolishly wrong;
There was a tool that could help me out-
My pen sung it's sweet song.

My text is ever slanted,
Words are playing on my mind,
It's like a cryptic puzzle;
I just can't leave it all behind.


The ink flows from my pen
Like the blood flows through my veins,

The truth comes from emotions,
More than lies within my brain;

You have to feel what you write-
And try to sense it all,
My fluency is unexplained,
Within my words - I fall.

Now I'm trapped in my own pen,
I'm spilling out my blood,

I can't explain such an addiction;
I doubt anyone ever could.
Before I wrote, I was unhappy,
Now I feel nothing like before
As I am complete with my hobby-
I don't need anything more.


This is my poem about being Trapped In Words - basically I wrote about me because I was totally lost in words, I didn't have a clue what to write - I struggled to think of a topic so I came to a decision that writing about being completely stuck might work, I had a go and here is the finished product ~ I quite like it actually which is strange as despite the fact I am proud of my work, I can say which ones better than others.
Comment me with details about what you liked, what could be changed etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment